POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : multiple media objects in one scene : Re: multiple media objects in one scene Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:22:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: multiple media objects in one scene
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 19 May 2004 15:38:51
Message: <cjameshuff-C53262.14390819052004@news.povray.org>
In article <web.40aba571c1340bc7a0c272b50@news.povray.org>,
 "gonzo" <rgo### [at] lansetcom> wrote:

> I know teacher, I know!  <waving hand wildly>
>
> I had this same problem when I was learning to play with media. Try removing
> the filter component of your pigment.

That would make it impossible to see the media at all.

The problem is a too-low max_trace_level. The default is 5, but with 3
spheres, you can see through up to 6 surfaces. POV just stops after the
fifth surface, using the background color rather than tracing more rays.
Just put a higher max_trace_level in global_settings. I generally leave
it around 12, you'll need to go higher in situations where you can see
through a lot of transparent surfaces or reflections.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>
http://tag.povray.org/