POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : (vector) sum of two objects : Re: (vector) sum of two objects Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:30:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: (vector) sum of two objects
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 24 Apr 2003 11:54:27
Message: <cjameshuff-C4BC2A.11541624042003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3EA### [at] matumde>, Achill <ach### [at] matumde>
wrote:

> I saw on http://www.f-lohmueller.de/pov_tut/csg/povcsg1e.htm that CSG
> operations may be used with all shapes which have a clear defined
> "inside" and "outside", in particular with solids. My idea was that it
> should be possible to determine "inside" and "outside" of the sum (at
> least for the sum of solids) as well...?!?
>
> I must admit, I do not know how povray "knows" to distiguish "inside"
> and "outside".

It can check whether a given point is inside or outside the object,
using a hard-coded object-specific algorithm. How does that help? It
doesn't get you any closer to summing objects.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/