POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New feature suggestion (assuming it doesn't already exsist) : Re: New feature suggestion (assuming it doesn't already exsist) Server Time
4 Aug 2024 18:21:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New feature suggestion (assuming it doesn't already exsist)
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 10 Mar 2003 15:49:44
Message: <cjameshuff-C45058.15495310032003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <web.3e6bb57ad3f5712aa36b219e0@news.povray.org>,  wrote:

> sorry warp, hopefully u know what i mean, thx to john for the advise, but it
> doesnt  allow u to create differences. for example, if u do a difference
> between a  box and a text object, u can create 'carvings.' whereas if u
> just made an inner and outer wall, u would simply have one wall with a hole
> in it and one with no hole. defeats the purpose really.

Your message is not very coherent...jumping from text object carvings to
walls of something else, I assume of sors and lathes. And "it doesnt
allow u to create differences"? That's not even wrong, it just doesn't
make sense. You can use a difference to get the result you described in
your original message, a sor or lathe with thickness to the sides.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/