POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : limits : Re: limits Server Time
4 Aug 2024 12:20:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: limits
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 5 May 2003 13:41:42
Message: <cjameshuff-C2004D.13414105052003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3EB694E8.B3497DC9@gmx.de>,

> The idea of displacement mapping and dynamic
> subdivision has already been discussed in a different thread.  This is not
> (yet) possible with POV-Ray although as a 'compensation' it supports
> direct rendering of isosurfaces which is quite unique among available
> renderers.

POV is not entirely without these techniques: I think the bicubic patch
primitive does have an adaptive subdivision feature that can reduce
memory usage at the expense of render time. This is nowhere close to
general mesh subdivision though.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/