POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Fire Textures anyone? : Re: Fire Textures anyone? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 04:14:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fire Textures anyone?
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 29 Sep 2003 14:33:03
Message: <cjameshuff-C04270.14322929092003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3f78699c@news.povray.org>, "-s0da-" <ske### [at] msncom>
wrote:

> I have the torch mounted on a wall (plane)...looking at it from a
> 45 degree angle.  With just the torch, and the wall behind it,
> the flame is visible.  However...when I put another wall, perpendicular
> to the back wall, and back  a ways from the torch (so as to give a
> corner type backdrop to the torch lighting), for some unexplicable
> reason, the torch stays visible, but the flame vanishes.

Chances are, the plane is facing the wrong way. The camera and torch are
inside it, and because it isn't hollow, there's no media in it. I bet
you get a warning message, something like "camera in non-hollow object".

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/