POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Blob2: Availability, Documentation & Public Interest : Re: Blob2: Availability, Documentation & Public Interest Server Time
3 Jul 2024 04:55:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blob2: Availability, Documentation & Public Interest
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 13 Oct 2003 22:58:31
Message: <cjameshuff-BD7D0D.22561313102003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3F8### [at] hotmailcom>,
 Samuel Benge <sbe### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> I was just messing with the compile Lutz-Peter made. It would appear
> there are some major shadow bugs present. For instance, sometimes the
> blob object won't self-shadow. Also, when a non-blob object intersects
> the blob, the resulting shadow cast by the blob is often incomplete.
>
> There is another problem which happens sporadically. A little hole will
> sometimes appear in the blob object, and it can't be fixed with a higher
> accuracy or max_gradient.

My solver doesn't seem to be any better as far as avoiding artifacts
than the original blob solver...I've come across this type of thing a
couple times, and haven't tracked down why it's happening. More test
cases are always useful, send them my way...

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/