POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: Pespective Camera do not give the result I wished. : Re: Pespective Camera do not give the result I wished. Server Time
3 Aug 2024 20:20:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pespective Camera do not give the result I wished.
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 1 Nov 2003 10:12:31
Message: <cjameshuff-B9D46A.10122301112003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3fa3bac8$1@news.povray.org>,
 "Fab" <--fab### [at] u-picardiefr--> wrote:

> in optic, if the radius is 250, the cylinder should NOT fills half the width
> of the image.
>
> if I wished to fill half of the image, I need a radius of   tan ( 90 / 4 ) *
> 499
> and that's not the case with povray.

I think you're misunderstanding the projection or the math. What you are
doing is projecting a 2D plane (that of the end of the cylinder) onto
another 2D plane (the image plane) through a pinhole camera. If you
double the radius of the cylinder, the apparent radius of the cylinder
will double. The radius you need to fill the image is tan(90/2)*499,
which happens to be 499. To fill half the image, you need
tan(90/2)*499/2.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/