POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : import openGL : Re: import openGL Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:25:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: import openGL
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 23 Apr 2003 17:17:11
Message: <cjameshuff-B5050E.17170323042003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <web.3ea6f6ca2424fca482dec0910@news.povray.org>,
 "anne" <ann### [at] wjhharvardedu> wrote:

> Well, it is pov-ray 3.5 for mac os, and the import and export I see are
> options under the templates menu along with "pov-ray 3.1 templates" and
> "pov-ray 3.5 templates".

Uhh...that's the import feature for templates. It lets you import
templates. That's why it is under the "Templates" menu.

> Maybe it has nothing to do with importing an openGL .obj object.

This would be partially correct. *.obj files are not "OpenGL objects",
there is no such thing. From what I can tell, they are Wavefront files.
POV-Ray can not directly handle *.obj files.

> how do I get it into pov-ray 3.5?

You will have to use an external program. You might want to start with a
web search:
http://www.povray.org/resources/links/3D_Programs/Conversion_Utilities/
http://www.google.com/search?q=Mac+converter+.obj

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/