POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Lighting : Re: Lighting Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:21:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lighting
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 5 Feb 2004 09:05:48
Message: <cjameshuff-B435B0.09055805022004@news.povray.org>
In article <402233b2$1@news.povray.org>,
 "Felbrigg" <som### [at] microsoftcom> wrote:

> The second coloured light, had me foxed at first, I couldn't see the
> difference until I opened "before" and "after" side by side in paint shop.

You'll learn to see this kind of thing more easily...just takes time and
practice. Before long you won't be able to stop. YKYBRTTLW...

> Coffee colouring, nice.  I'd tried rgbf and rgbt but you hit me with a new
> one there, rgbft, again WOW.

Bad advice, IMO. The most realistic method that I've found is to use an
entirely transparent texture (a pigment with rgbf 1), and media or
interior attenuation for coloring. A colored transparent texture is like
a thin film covering the coffee, but this simulates color throughout the
body of the coffee.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>
http://tag.povray.org/