POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Is there a "string length" function? : Re: Is there a "string length" function? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:24:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is there a "string length" function?
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 23 Feb 2003 22:54:41
Message: <cjameshuff-B38C1C.22511223022003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3e59555e@news.povray.org>, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg>
wrote:

>   You can call them "functions for getting information about an object",
> but don't mix up type terminology with this. That would only cause
> confusion.

I'm not using type terminology. I'm categorizing them by use. When I
look for documentation on a function, I look for it by use, not by
return type. I don't care what I'm going to use the return for, I care
what I'm going to use the function with.
IMO, return type is a terrible way to organize things, with very limited
use.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/