POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Use of radiosity negates effect of normals.... : Re: Use of radiosity negates effect of normals.... Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:29:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Use of radiosity negates effect of normals....
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 28 Mar 2004 11:56:11
Message: <cjameshuff-B028BD.11563428032004@news.povray.org>
In article <40664075$1@news.povray.org>,
 "Greg M. Johnson" <gregj;-)565### [at] aolcom> wrote:

> ...is this correct?   It's what I'm observing and goes along with what I
> think I understand of the normal process-- just want to see if there's a
> trick to get around it.

It doesn't negate normals, it just doesn't take them into account for
radiosity lighting. Using "normal on" in the radiosity block will cause
it to take the normals into account, giving slower but more accurate
results.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>
http://tag.povray.org/