POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Povray Linux installation in Mandrake 9 : Re: Povray Linux installation in Mandrake 9 Server Time
8 Jul 2024 17:37:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray Linux installation in Mandrake 9
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 22 May 2003 21:50:00
Message: <cjameshuff-A99D20.20505922052003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <web.3ecd4dc5b832491b1279d2580@news.povray.org>,
 "Loop" <llo### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> I'm having a real hard time trying to install Povray 3.5 in Mandrake 9.
> I've unzipped the files but i can only run the program through the konsole.

Do you mean only Konsole works? I don't know how it could work on
Konsole but not with another terminal program, but that wouldn't be a
POV problem.

>  When i try to run other .pov files i keep gettin this error message.

What do you mean "other .pov files"?
You seem to imply that it does work sometimes, but you are very unclear
about when it works and when it doesn't.

>     INI File Error: reading from povray.ini is not permitted
>
> I've checked the configuration of povray.conf and ticked the read & write
> boxes.
> I don't know why it won't run??

This looks like the permissions on the povray.ini file don't allow you
to read it. If so, adjust them to give yourself read permissions.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/