POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : image map inside a cylinder? : Re: image map inside a cylinder? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 14:27:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: image map inside a cylinder?
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 27 Apr 2003 12:47:42
Message: <cjameshuff-A541BD.12491927042003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3EAB7A42.BFBB87C0@pacbell.net>, Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet>
wrote:

> I seem to recall that there is a macro in shapes.inc that will allow
> you to create text in a circle. You can then difference that from the
> inside of your ring. The only thing I don't know is if the macro is
> flexible enough to create an inverse circle of text but it is worth
> exploring.

I think the orientation of the letters to the plane of the circle is
wrong...the faces of the letters are parallel to the plane of the
circle, instead of facing radially from the center. Changing this
shouldn't be difficult, it would be easiest to start from the existing
macro.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/