POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : HF_Square Macro usage? : Re: HF_Square Macro usage? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 06:13:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HF_Square Macro usage?
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 18 Apr 2004 12:53:34
Message: <cjameshuff-96F2D1.12543718042004@news.povray.org>
In article <Xns94CF75BE6AFC1cybermans.pov.posts.@203.29.75.35>,
 "Stephen R. Phillips" <cyb### [at] socketnet> wrote:

> This of course bombs completely.. so how does one use the HF_Square macro?

You have to pass a function to the macro, you can not use a macro. For
example:

#include "functions.h"

#declare HF_F = function {f_noise3d(x, y, z)}

#declare Ground = HF_Square(HF_F, false, false, < 40, 40>, 1, "",
<-20,-1,-20>, <20, 4, 20>)

rand() can not currently be used in functions, but it would be fairly
useless for this anyway.

> It's not obvious and there are no examples I could find.

Look at the shapes.pov demo scene, in the incdemo folder.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>
http://tag.povray.org/