POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Your wanted features : Re: Your wanted features Server Time
30 Jun 2024 19:45:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Your wanted features
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 9 Jun 2003 00:29:48
Message: <cjameshuff-947B77.23211108062003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3ee4061a@news.povray.org>,
 "Ray Gardener" <ray### [at] daylongraphicscom> wrote:

> Cool. I need tesselation services as well, both for
> OpenGL previewing and (possibly later) scanline rendering.
> I mean, why have my wireframe previewer go the trouble
> of tesselating each primitive when your code is doing that?
> Is any info available on your tesselators?

It's nothing really special, just a huge pain to code. I added a
tessellation method to each object. Most primitives will have at least
one specialized method as well as access to a general method such as
marching tetrahedrons. Infinite shapes will have to have boundaries
defined. I hope to eventually have CSG use the specialized method for
the component shapes and process the meshes together, but need to
research mesh processing algorithms some more.

How does your preview currently function? An OpenGL preview was one of
the ultimate goals of my patch, but I never got started on it.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/