POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : I have some external OOP interface for povray. : Re: I have some external OOP interface for povray. Server Time
1 Jul 2024 02:56:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I have some external OOP interface for povray.
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 28 Apr 2004 13:32:47
Message: <cjameshuff-91C3B5.13314928042004@news.povray.org>
In article <s9fv80lihsserosev6uibg0jg6ps2gj89a@4ax.com>,
 ABX <abx### [at] abxartpl> wrote:

> > That's true. For instance being able to call trace() or inside() is
> > pretty handy sometimes. I don't see any easy way of doing the same
> > with a C++ frontend (at least not without a lot of work).
>
> Something like below (not perfect at all) workaround comes to my mind:

Sorry, but...ew. Set up a scene, write the file to disk, and run a
POV-Ray render just to find out whether a single point is inside an
object?

A better option would be to implement the intersection and insideness
tests in C++. Of course, this practically entails writing a raytracer
instead of a simple interface, which is a little more work...or you
could write your code as an addition to POV-Ray.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>
http://tag.povray.org/