POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Where's my chromatic dispersion? : Re: Where's my chromatic dispersion? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:18:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Where's my chromatic dispersion?
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 9 Mar 2004 21:39:25
Message: <cjameshuff-904557.21392309032004@news.povray.org>
In article <86n### [at] duchesstwilleyorg>,
 Jack Twilley <jmt+use### [at] twilleyorg> wrote:

> Christopher> Hmm...I see a rainbow. Even in the image you gave. Do you
> Christopher> expect it to be spread out more?
>
> Upon further examination, I don't actually see a rainbow.  I see three
> blobs, one for red, one for blue, and one for yellow or green.  I
> don't see a continuous band.  How do I get a continuous band?

Well, it has a lot of artifacts because of the low photon count. You
will get a cleaner band with more photons. Increasing the dispersion
value will spread the spectrum out more, making it clearer. You will
need to make the light source brighter to compensate, however.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>
http://tag.povray.org/