POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Reducing memory usage : Re: Reducing memory usage Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:17:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Reducing memory usage
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 29 Oct 2003 22:26:52
Message: <cjameshuff-8E2B5F.22245329102003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3fa05697$1@news.povray.org>, Brent G <pov### [at] bc-hqcom>
wrote:

> Thorsten Froehlich wrote:
> > In article <3fa0386a@news.povray.org> , Brent G <pov### [at] bc-hqcom>  wrote:
> >
> >>*cough* task manager *cough*
> >
> > But that doesn't show the memory allocated by the application.  It only
> > shows the memory used by the application process.  Besides, the user didn't
> > mention the platform POV-Ray was running on.
>
> I was merely pointing out that is IS possible

But...your message doesn't do that. The memory allocated to the
application process is at best a very crude measurement of the memory a
program is using. This is a common mistake, Christoph's question was
perfectly valid, as was Thorsten's response.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/