POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Color add : Re: Color add Server Time
5 Aug 2024 08:20:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Color add
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 3 Jan 2003 22:36:55
Message: <cjameshuff-8E13A6.22325203012003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <Xns### [at] 204213191226>,
 "Rafal 'Raf256' Maj" <raf### [at] raf256com> wrote:

> > Nonetheless, I think an additive-alpha feature would be a good thing
> > for a patch...
>
> I agree, and it's very easy to implement imho.

Hah! Judging from this and your other posts, you don't have the
slightest clue about any kind of coding, let alone implementing
something like this. If it's so easy, why are you asking for someone
else to do it?

Warp is correct, it could be much more general and powerful than your
suggestion. I've never liked having transparency values part of the
color, it looks like copying the alpha channel in image formats.
Separate control of transparency would greatly increase the flexibility
of the program.
However, it isn't something that would be easy to patch into the current
code, which has developed for over a decade on the assumption of
5-component color vectors with two transparency components. I tried, as
part of my old blurred transparency patch, and didn't make any useful
progress. I may try again someday, when I have a lot of time to kill.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/