POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Color problem with image maps : Re: Color problem with image maps Server Time
4 Aug 2024 22:18:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Color problem with image maps
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 7 Feb 2003 12:32:10
Message: <cjameshuff-8D47DC.12285807022003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <web.3e43d1f3c25eeb4b7ba9929f0@news.povray.org>,
 "Renderdog" <slo### [at] hiwaaynet> wrote:

> If I understand correctly, when I create an image with { assumed_gamma 1 }
> on my Mac (display's gamma 1.8), and someone runs the same code on their
> PC (display's gamma 2.2), they would generate a brighter image that would
> look the same on their monitor as my image looked on my monitor. This
> is good, but they may wonder why the image they generate is brighter
> than the one I created.

No assumed_gamma, no gamma correction.

assumed_gamma 1, the display gamma is used to correct the image, it will
display correctly on the machine it was rendered on if Display_Gamma was
set correctly.

Other assumed_gamma values are mainly useful for scenes designed without
gamma correction. You should use assumed_gamma 1 for new scenes, adjust
the display gamma if you are rendering to display elsewhere.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/