POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Water Media : Re: Water Media Server Time
4 Aug 2024 02:22:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Water Media
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 11 Aug 2003 11:23:18
Message: <cjameshuff-8D2392.10200811082003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <Xns### [at] 204213191226>,
 "Rafal 'Raf256' Maj" <spa### [at] raf256com> wrote:

> Scanntering media works ok if water color is white. When I'm using blue
> water, like:
>
>     media {  #local C=<0,0,1>;
>       density { color rgb C  }
>       scattering { 1 1 extinction 1 }
>     }

I don't know about where you live, but around here, water is nearly
clear and colorless...I certainly wouldn't drink or swim in this.

Your shadow is yellow because you scatter lots of blue light, but no red
or green. Clean water scatters very little, and mainly absorbs red
light, with green coming next and blue coming last. A simple Google
search should show some real numbers. Scattering media is mainly useful
for simulating silt, suspended algae/plankton, etc. You've given no
clues as to what kind of water you're trying to simulate...you need to
give more information.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/