POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV Wishlist : Re: POV Wishlist Server Time
3 Aug 2024 18:21:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV Wishlist
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 25 Mar 2004 07:55:54
Message: <cjameshuff-8C7BAF.07561225032004@news.povray.org>
In article <4062ab6c@news.povray.org>, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg>
wrote:

>   Actually I don't think that would help much. It would just smoothen the
> borders of the artifacts, without making them any less visible (besides
> slowing down the rendering, of course).

It is basically the same technique used to make tiling textures, and it
works there even with great variation in the portions of the images
being mixed. In this case, the images will be nearly the same, only the
artifacts of the radiosity will be different.

Of course, more overlap not only means better results, but also more
pixels being rendered multiple times, but this method would be simple to
implement and would work with the present radiosity, without the
complications of having to make sure the radiosity data is synchronized.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>
http://tag.povray.org/