POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : motion blur in POV : Re: motion blur in POV Server Time
3 Aug 2024 16:25:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: motion blur in POV
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 27 Dec 2003 21:17:42
Message: <cjameshuff-8B3855.21174927122003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3fee25d3@news.povray.org>,
 "Anto Matkovic" <ant### [at] matkoviccom> wrote:

> So how I can post-process several frames together, efficiently, just with
> POV?.

You can't. POV is a 3D rendering program, not a 2D compositing tool.
There are several external tools that can be used to do this far more
efficiently than can be done with POV...all you need to do is average
the frames together.

> > I'm not sure what you're thinking of here. The MegaPOV motion blur was
> > real motion blur, done by sampling the object at different times.
> >
> I know that, I was using that, but I need sampling between frames...

The motion blur algorithm used in MegaPOV was completely independent of
the animation frames. It was perfectly capable of blurring a single
frame, and of taking samples between frames.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>
http://tag.povray.org/