POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Filled Height field : Re: Filled Height field Server Time
4 Aug 2024 10:17:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Filled Height field
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 30 May 2003 22:08:26
Message: <cjameshuff-8388B4.21100230052003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3ED### [at] hotpopcom>,
 Xilo Musimene <xil### [at] hotpopcom> wrote:

> Ok, I'll post what I mean in p.b.images as "Fill Height field"

I didn't say to scale the height field to overlap the box just to make
it more challenging. The speckles should be a dead giveaway: you are
seeing an equivalent to the coincident surface problem, sometimes the
sides of the box are "inside" the height field, sometimes they are
"outside", depending on how the precision errors turn out.

intersection {
    box { <-0.5, -0.5, -0.5>, <0.5, 1, 0.5>}
    height_field { png "Heightfield.png" smooth
        scale < 1.02, 0.1, 1.02>
        translate <-0.51, 0, -0.51>
    }
    pigment {rgb 1}
}

> // or perhaps: plane { <0,1,0>, 3 }

No, that will not work. You are adding sides, a plane doesn't have sides.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/