POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Media Headache : Re: Media Headache Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:24:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media Headache
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 5 Feb 2004 15:13:00
Message: <cjameshuff-83747A.15131205022004@news.povray.org>
In article <40227633@news.povray.org>,
 "Felbrigg" <som### [at] microsoftcom> wrote:

> I want a brown media that makes any clear object translucent brown.  I've
> pulled loads of hair out and the nearest I can get is green.. After fiddling
> for hours I ended with this rubbish below.  I just want it to look brown.
>
> Where do I start!
>
>                                 media   {
>                                         emission color <0.25, 0.15, 0.05>
>                                                }

Yeesh, do something to the indentation...
You want translucent brown. That code will produce media that glows a
dull orangish red. Dark orange and brown are pretty much the same thing,
but your brain will refuse to see a glowing object as brown.
For this, you want either interior attenuation or absorbing media. For
example:

sphere {< 0, 2, 0>, 2 hollow
    texture {pigment {color rgbf 1}}
    interior {