POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : fn_function and other stuff : Re: fn_function and other stuff Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:10:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: fn_function and other stuff
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 9 Nov 2003 22:53:18
Message: <cjameshuff-7C4A9E.22515409112003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <mat### [at] netplexaussieorg>,
 Matthew Pace <mat### [at] lycoscom> wrote:

> So as you know, I am stumbling through the isosurface qualities of POV,
> when I came across a site where someone used an identifier fn_function
> to make a pigment modifier (bozo in this case) apply to both a height
> field and an isosurface.  Can anyone either explain this (as he didnt
> really) or point me to a place which does?  He used this as a way to
> make some pretty nifty landscapes, so if anyone knows of a site which
> shows some isosurface landscaping tricks, that would be awesome too.

Those are simply pattern functions defined in functions.inc. As
expected, they are documented in the functions.inc documentation. You
can use the same syntax to make your own versions.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/