POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Blob2: Availability, Documentation & Public Interest : Re: Blob2: Availability, Documentation & Public Interest Server Time
3 Jul 2024 04:47:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blob2: Availability, Documentation & Public Interest
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 13 Oct 2003 23:00:40
Message: <cjameshuff-7BE36F.22582313102003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3F8### [at] hotmailcom>,
 Samuel Benge <sbe### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> P.S. The blob2 patch is really cool. I think people are going to be
> happy with what they'll be able to do with it. I've done several tests
> which indicate a fast render time compared to isosurfaces of the same
> quality. I hope you don't give up development on this one :)

Part of this is that the "container" for the blob2 consists of the
bounding shapes for the blob components. Thus, it fits closer and
follows the surface more, letting the solver find roots more quickly.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/