POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Your wanted features : Re: Your wanted features Server Time
28 Sep 2024 16:53:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Your wanted features
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 5 Jun 2003 12:46:22
Message: <cjameshuff-7927C6.11374005062003@netplex.aussie.org>
BTW, here's the POV-related stuff on my own "to-do" list.

voxelize pigment/pattern: what I originally called "smooth blur", takes
samples at the vertices of a 3D lattice (like the corners of the
checkers pattern) and interpolates between them. With a fine enough
lattice, it might allow infinite gradients in things like the object
pattern to be softened enough for efficient isosurface solving without
too many artifacts.

blur pigment/pattern: What it says, it blurs a pigment or pattern.

portal pigment: I've made some posts about this before, I just need to
get it into release-ready form. It's a pigment that serves as a "portal"
into another area of the scene.

Tessellation: I'm working on my own tessellation patch. Others have done
general tessellation methods, I'm doing shape-specific methods. So far
I've got nice tessellations for spheres, cylinders, cones, and a few
other shapes.

Glow: I want to eventually have a glow feature that allows point, line,
hoop, and spline glows (think of neon lights for that last one) as well
as object glows. The last feature will require the tessellation patch.

Proximity and curvature patterns: I have some ideas for making the
rendering faster while getting rid of grainyness with the general
method, and object-specific methods that are very fast.

point_field object, displaced_mesh.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/