POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : OpenGL preview in POV-Ray : Re: Quality levels in POV-Ray Server Time
4 Aug 2024 16:08:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Quality levels in POV-Ray
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 12 Jun 2003 22:08:08
Message: <cjameshuff-787C4D.20595112062003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <MPG.1952784c48072a12989820@news.povray.org>,
 Patrick Elliott <sha### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> Heres an idea.. How about a simple way to have the SDL find out what the
> quality setting you are using is? Then you can use 'that' to
> automatically turn on/off things that you don't want used. I can see
> cases like the focal blur one you mention where it makes sense to leave
> things as they are, but at the same time it makes no sense to me to have
> to edit both the INI and the scene files to get it to turn everything off
> you want turned off for a particular test. However, as far as I can tell
> from a brief search, none of the INI settings can be checked inside the
> SDL. It makes sense to not allow changing them, but not even finding out
> their current values?!

This sounds like a great idea, and is extremely easy to implement...I
sometimes use a "quality level" indicator, allowing this to adapt to the
level specified with the quality option makes perfect sense.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/