POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Looking for info on vaxis_rotate( ) or related functions : Re: Looking for info on vaxis_rotate( ) or related functions Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:27:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Looking for info on vaxis_rotate( ) or related functions
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 28 Feb 2003 16:23:54
Message: <cjameshuff-771324.16191928022003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3e5fae9a@news.povray.org>,
 "Will W" <wil### [at] NOSPAMwizzardsnet> wrote:

> So documentation on functions is organized by return type, which is nice.
> But documentation on macros included in the v3.5 package are organized by...
> the arbitrary name of the include file? I hope that doesn't sound snide. I
> really appreciate all the effort that has gone into making POVRay and
> documenting it. But I think I'm detecting an opportunity for improvement.

The names of the include files are not arbitrary. shapes.inc contains
macros for dealing with shapes, rand.inc for random numbers, math.inc
for math stuff, and so on.
Organizing by file wouldn't be very logical if things were just evenly
spread around, but the files themselves are organized by purpose. If you
want transformation macros, transforms.inc is the obvious place to look.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/