POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Spiral Ribbon.. : Re: Spiral Ribbon.. Server Time
4 Aug 2024 02:23:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spiral Ribbon..
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 16 Aug 2003 21:21:42
Message: <cjameshuff-75D06F.20184216082003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <web.3f3ecaa75af411b36af901ee0@news.povray.org>,
 "BorisW37" <Bor### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

> sorry to bother you again, but is there a way to make a spiral with a
> trapezoid cross section, without rendering a lot of thin trapezoids rotated
> and with a changing height?

The best way I can think of to accomplish what you're trying is to use a
mesh. There's a parametric include by Ingo that may be able to do this,
or it would be fairly trivial to write custom code.

Ingo's page, with param.inc as well as other mesh includes and macros:
http://members.home.nl/seedseven/

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/