POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV Wishlist : Re: POV Wishlist Server Time
3 Aug 2024 20:14:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV Wishlist
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 19 Mar 2004 16:52:29
Message: <cjameshuff-713ADC.16523719032004@news.povray.org>
In article <405b66f8@news.povray.org>,
 David Burnett <var### [at] ntlworldcom> wrote:

> Functions that can be more than one line. I'm guessing
> that would be number one on the list.

Then change functions to allow more complex constructs. Lua and Python
would be too slow for most of the things functions are used for anyway.
The POV-Ray scene description language does some pretty specialized
things...ever try to describe a scene in another programming language?
Gets messy, fast.

> Personally I'd love to see parrot used so you could pick
> from a range of languages.

None of them being very well suited to the task. I think improving
POV-Ray's language would be a better approach.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>
http://tag.povray.org/