POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Possibility to assign photons to certain material? : Re: Possibility to assign photons to certain material? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 20:17:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Possibility to assign photons to certain material?
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 10 Feb 2004 19:19:20
Message: <cjameshuff-6F1F25.19194110022004@news.povray.org>
In article <402### [at] hotmailcom>,
 andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> > I didn't quite follow you. Can you give an example?
> Well, if you have an object which is partly glass
> and partly some opaque material and you add 'target off'
> to the latter part. Will the resulting object collect photons
> (because of the glass part that switches it on, and
> it is inherited by the total object) or not because
> of the 'target of' in the other part. Will always the
> first declaration take precedence or the last (or
> even a middle one).

The parts of the object that are glass will be photon targets. The parts
with the opaque material will not. You can't apply multiple materials to
a simple object, so there's no problem. (well, there may be a problem
with difference and intersection, but no more than there is now)

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>
http://tag.povray.org/