POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Wavelength to RGB converter? : Re: Wavelength to RGB converter? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:18:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wavelength to RGB converter?
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 28 Feb 2003 20:49:14
Message: <cjameshuff-6A6C5B.20444028022003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <1fr4a7h.44sdcb1jqm0yuN%kaveh@delete_this.focalimage.com>,
 kav### [at] delete_thisfocalimagecom (Kaveh) wrote:

> Is there an .inc file that converts a wavelength to the approximate
> equivalent RGB components? I am looking for perfect accuracy. An
> approximate look-up table will do.

You contradict yourself. Perfection or approximation, pick one...only an
approximation is possible though.
You want to find the RGB values that would mimic monochrome light of a
specific wavelength? There are no includes that do this that I know of.
You could find the sensitivity curves of typical human eyes, and work up
a macro that uses a spline generated from these curves.

Some sites which might be useful:
http://www.adobe.com/support/techguides/color/colortheory/vision.html
http://www.yorku.ca/eye/specsens.htm

BTW, what do you want this for? I can't think of many uses for this,
except as a part of a system for converting spectral data to RGB.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/