POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Direction dependent glass? : Re: Direction dependent glass? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 20:14:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Direction dependent glass?
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 24 Apr 2003 14:15:03
Message: <cjameshuff-638BC7.14145924042003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3ea807ba@news.povray.org>,
 Simon Adameit <sim### [at] gaussschule-bsde> wrote:

> It's not about being able to see both surfaces but about the rays not
> ending up parallel.

Parallel? Rays that start out parallel will stay parallel.

> You could use a lower ior to compensate for this but

Ah, you are thinking of using ior. With a single-surface window, you
would obviously not use an ior.

> this will make fresnel reflection look all wrong.

Why are you using fresnel reflection?

> > Well, as I've been saying, you can probably get a reasonable one-way
> > effect by good lighting.
>
> lightning?

No, lighting.

> >But I don't see how the slope pattern can help
>
> The same way object or gradient(if the window is flat) pattern can help.

I now see how you were applying the object pattern, but not the slope
pattern. What are you using it for?

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/