POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : POV-Ray & KD-Trees : Re: POV-Ray & KD-Trees Server Time
30 Jun 2024 12:17:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray & KD-Trees
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 1 May 2004 11:44:12
Message: <cjameshuff-605D18.11431901052004@news.povray.org>
In article <c6p0eq$8s3$1@chho.imagico.de>,

> I miss a scene making a lot of use of meshes.  Since they have their own
> bounding hierarchies in standard POV it would be interesing how well
> your version handles this.

I considered doing a mesh object using a kd-tree while working on the
point kd-tree for my voronoi pattern. Never actually sat down and
figured out how to fit finite objects into the tree, though...

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>
http://tag.povray.org/