POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : media interaction problem : Re: media interaction problem Server Time
4 Aug 2024 00:24:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: media interaction problem
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 31 Aug 2003 18:05:42
Message: <cjameshuff-5C59B0.18054231082003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3f515a6f$1@news.povray.org>, "Slime" <fak### [at] emailaddress>
wrote:

> Does anyone know of a way that I can force the area_lights to ignore the
> media when shadows are being calculated?

Have your lights fade with distance. When they reach the clouds, they
will be too dim to show up. POV may be able to avoid doing the full
lighting calculations when distant enough, if not it is something that
probably should be added.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/