POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : blob2 : blob2 Server Time
28 Sep 2024 16:39:47 EDT (-0400)
  blob2
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 5 Jul 2003 16:50:50
Message: <cjameshuff-5B7410.15491105072003@netplex.aussie.org>
Here's some images from my blob2 patch:

2 sphere-capped cylinders and 2 hard-edged cylinders:
http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/temp/blob2.png

A sphere and 3 torus components:
http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/temp/blob2_2.png

And here's some comparisons with the blob primitive. A 4-sphere
tetrahedron, using the same blob components for both:
http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/temp/tetrablob.png

And the blob tweaked to be as similar to the blob2 as possible:
http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/temp/tetrablob2.png

Render speeds are slightly slower than a blob where a direct comparison
is possible, but optimization is far from complete. You will sometimes
get artifacts similar to those from an isosurface, the blob2 solving
method is very similar to that used by the isosurface primitive.

Component textures are not implemented yet, that will have to wait for a
later version of the patch. Currently implemented primitives are sphere,
sphere-capped and hard-edged cylinder, hard-edged cone (the sphere
capped cone exists but is buggy), torus, and box.

I'll be releasing the source code as part of my revived MegaPOVPlus
collection...sometime soon.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/