POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : More than 15000 Bicubic Patches - 1 attachment : Re: More than 15000 Bicubic Patches - 1 attachment Server Time
27 Apr 2024 00:46:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More than 15000 Bicubic Patches - 1 attachment
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 2 Jan 2004 13:05:31
Message: <cjameshuff-545C30.13053402012004@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3ff1174c$1@news.povray.org>,
 Tor Olav Kristensen <tor_olav_kCURLYAhotmail.com> wrote:

> > Interesting...how much memory does your system have? Swapping could
> > account for a great deal of the slowness of type 1.
>
> I have (512-64)MB of RAM.
> My PC is quite silent, so I didn't notice any serious disc-trashing.
> But of course - you are right: It must have done some swapping.

Yeah, it must have...512-64?
That's...<http://www.google.com/search?q=512-64>...448MB? Just a little
under half as much as the scene was using...I'm guessing that made some
difference. Want to run a test using about a third as many patches?

Hmm, systems with lots of memory bandwidth and space (like the PPC G5 or
most recent Athlons) would probably do pretty well with type 1 patches...

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>
http://tag.povray.org/