POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Tree : Re: POV-Tree Server Time
5 Aug 2024 04:15:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Tree
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 30 Jan 2003 16:25:51
Message: <cjameshuff-500C77.16235130012003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3E3820E4.A60779A6@gmx.de>,

> BTW, installing Java was a real pain.  I don't understand why a successful
> firm like Sun simply can't  put together an installation package that
> works.  And when you download the 35 Mb documentation package and think
> you find some information solving the problems in there you are completely
> mistaken.  (oops, i'm getting off-topic here...)

I'm not really sure what you mean...it worked pretty well for me, the
Sun package installed with no problems under XP. I had a little more
trouble getting things going under Linux, but that works too.

(In case you are wondering, the reason is jEdit, a very nice text editor
that I can use in OS X, WinXP, and Linux. It has a POV-Ray editing mode,
and I've created a Sapphire mode.)

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/