POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : sky_sphere and gradient : Re: sky_sphere and gradient Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:29:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sky_sphere and gradient
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 29 Sep 2003 18:27:48
Message: <cjameshuff-4DF018.18272029092003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3F78AE66.2D56A3C7@tin.it>,
 Stefano Tessarin <s.t### [at] tinit> wrote:

> instead of seeing a color gradient I see a series of color bands going
> from the first color in the pattern to the last one.

There is a band of bluer color in the gray area, removing the entry
"[0.30 color rgb <200,197,224>/255]" fixes it. However, it blends
smoothly. Are you sure you are viewing it at full color depth? Using
thousands of colors will throw the colors off and cause banding in
smooth gradients.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/