POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : High Dynamic Range POV-Ray output. : Re: High Dynamic Range POV-Ray output. Server Time
28 Sep 2024 16:53:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: High Dynamic Range POV-Ray output.
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 23 Jan 2004 11:11:49
Message: <cjameshuff-4DC71D.11122023012004@news.povray.org>
In article <Xns9477C93A8FD5tomatimporg@203.29.75.35>,
 Tom Galvin <tom### [at] imporg> wrote:

> "Alex Kluchikov" <klk### [at] ukrnet> wrote in
>

> >  Is anybody interested, has advises or suggestions?
> >  Or, may be, I am doing work somebody has done?
> >

> I am not sure if this applies, but have you looked at using EXR.
>
> http://www.openexr.com/

There's also RGBE (4 bytes per pixel, the last one stores an exponent
value indicating the magnitude of the pixel), and LogLUV TIFF encoding.

http://www.graphics.cornell.edu/~bjw/rgbe.html
http://www.graphics.cornell.edu/online/formats/rgbe/

http://positron.cs.berkeley.edu/~gwlarson/pixformat/tiffluv.html

There's also XYZE (like RGBE, only with the XYZ color space...which I
don't know anything about), some more HDRI TIFF formats, and PFM
(Portable Float Map).
And I think someone else had a working HDRI output patch...

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>
http://tag.povray.org/