POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Balls on a grid : Re: Balls on a grid Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:11:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Balls on a grid
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 5 Jun 2004 12:02:01
Message: <cjameshuff-4D99B0.11020305062004@news.povray.org>
In article <40c0b32d@news.povray.org>,
 Marvin T <pov### [at] maltasoftcom> wrote:

> I've typically added text to simple shapes a different way - I make a
> union of the base object and an intersection of the "text" with a
> similar shape that is very slightly larger.  That way the text is above
> the sphere/cylinder, but imperceptibly so.  Sort of what would happen if
> the text was a layer of paint on the object surface.

This way will be slower and consume more memory than simply using the
object pattern. It is also more likely to cause artifacts from precision
problems, and is very difficult with more complex shapes, though it is
easy with spheres.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>
http://tag.povray.org/