POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : render time error : Re: render time error Server Time
3 Aug 2024 12:18:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: render time error
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 28 Feb 2004 15:12:08
Message: <cjameshuff-4D5D97.15130228022004@news.povray.org>
In article <4040e22a$1@news.povray.org>,
 Jim Charter <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote:

> Thankyou Christopher.  That makes sense. I think.  By normals you are
> refering to the normals of the triangles in the mesh.

No, I'm talking about texture normals. You have four triangles, so a ray
could intersect with four surfaces. If those surfaces have a non-solid
texture and have a warp (including any transformation), the code will do
up to four normal warps. More complex textures (for example, one with a
texture_map) will need to do more. I'm not really sure why the code was
written the way it was...but the nesting is from the point of view of a
ray progressing into the scene, not a nesting in the scene specification.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>
http://tag.povray.org/