POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Some ideas about SDL enhancements : Re: Some ideas about SDL enhancements Server Time
5 Jul 2024 15:31:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some ideas about SDL enhancements
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 2 Apr 2003 17:07:10
Message: <cjameshuff-485E68.17070602042003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <pf6l8vgj0hf1j09dqfhee960ogrekdi7r7@4ax.com>,
 ABX <abx### [at] abxartpl> wrote:

> > and a programmable camera feature which lets you specify every detail of
> > the
> > camera...basically coding the pixel level tracing in POV code.
>
> already done for future MegaPOV in case user_defined camera type is enough
> http://news.povray.org/search/?s=user_defined

I doubt it, unless somebody else has worked up a more capable function
language. I'm talking about something more like (roughly):

define BasicCamera = camera {...usual camera stuff...}

special_camera {
    function trace_pixel(x, y) {
        define pixelColor = BasicCamera.trace_pixel(x, y);
        return pixelColor + (1 -
pixelColor.alpha)*bkgndPigment(x/image_width, y/image_height);
    }
}

> > pigment function to determine the final pixel color.
>
> In case you mean something like camera_view pigment, then such a thing is
> already done for future MegaPOV

Again, highly doubtful. What I'm talking about would require something
like my G project (now called Amber), which hasn't made it into a really
useable state yet.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/