POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Another competition? : Re: Another competition? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 12:21:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another competition?
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 4 May 2004 11:52:44
Message: <cjameshuff-44B5E9.11515804052004@news.povray.org>
In article <jjcf90po6amgjjeordn0i7t362t4dti70i@4ax.com>,
 ABX <abx### [at] abxartpl> wrote:

> 4. No programming. Create scene without #declaring, #whiling and #macroing
>    anything with number of chars per object limited to 80 chars long single
>    line. So the number of lines makes number of objects and no line is longer
>    than 80-chars. This should extract power of some features as in shortes
>    sig contest but without limitation to 4 lines.

All programming. No frame level objects, no background or sky_sphere.
Result is something interesting in a generated file or debug stream.
Render time shouldn't be a problem with this one.

> 5. Unrealistic parameters. Use at least one parameter in SDL in not suggested
>    way to make a key effect of the scene. Negative lightsource. Negative
>    radius etc. etc.

One good example of this is newdiffract.pov. A completely unrealistic
value of diffraction was used, with very colorful results.

> 6. Playing with rays. Make the scene where image is created on surface after
>    reflection/refraction. Object in mirrors. Play of the light on glass. Hand
>    half under, half over surface of water.

Similar to the "optics" competition I suggested.

Another idea: illustrate some mathematical concept or theorem. This one
would give the competition some practical benefit...the people judging
might learn something interesting.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>
http://tag.povray.org/