POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Huh? Normal averaging bug? : Re: Test scene (was Re: Huh? Normal averaging bug?) Server Time
5 Aug 2024 00:18:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Test scene (was Re: Huh? Normal averaging bug?)
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 2 Mar 2003 12:22:43
Message: <cjameshuff-4103C4.12181002032003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3e62268d@news.povray.org>,
 Xplo Eristotle <xpl### [at] infomagicnet> wrote:

> Yes! Argh! God forbid I should use MegaPOV, which probably reuses 99% of
> the official code. Quick, get the burning splints! 9_9;

That doesn't mean the normal code is exactly the same. It would only
take a very minor change to introduce a bug in MegaPOV. Besides, your
scene does not require MegaPOV as far as I can see...you should have
tested it in the official version and left that line out.

You included lots of other irrelevant stuff...#default, global_settings,
etc. The idea of a minimal scene is that it includes only what is
necessary. By breaking it down to the bare minimum, you not only keep
the message short, but ensure that the problem is at least in the area
you thought it was.

About the indentation issue, it is easier to copy and paste if the code
is "compacted", and your indentation style is just the opposite, it
can't get much longer or more spread out. It wasn't the real problem,
though.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/