POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV Wishlist : Re: POV Wishlist Server Time
3 Aug 2024 22:13:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV Wishlist
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 20 Mar 2004 14:32:39
Message: <cjameshuff-3EDEB8.14324820032004@news.povray.org>
In article <pan### [at] NOSPAMml1net>,
 Tyler Eaves <tyl### [at] NOSPAMml1net> wrote:

> Include files are written in SDL. That's a major limitation from where I'm
> sitting.

The current version is limited, but that will not necessarily always be
so.

> Plus I'm thinking of going beyond what include files can do, by
> providing access to POV internals for things like creating objects.

This would be no easier in Lua or Python than in POV, and by doing it in
POV you could include optimizations for what the plugins will be doing,
while Python and Lua would be extremely slow.
It would be a lot less work to do it in C++, but you're back to being
compiled there.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>
http://tag.povray.org/