POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : (vector) sum of two objects : Re: (vector) sum of two objects Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:22:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: (vector) sum of two objects
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 28 Apr 2003 21:02:11
Message: <cjameshuff-39A8DD.21005128042003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <nahpav41nl0hkk6gvto0tkoq0381td0uvp@4ax.com>,
 ABX <abx### [at] abxartpl> wrote:

> Where I said I mean sum of functions? Where I said I mean any sum ?

It was somewhat implied by your message, though it was too vague to mean
much of anything.

> For the opinion "Converting arbitrary point sets into meshes or surfaces is a
> difficult task" I replaied that isosurface can be considered as set of points
> where desription of set is a given function. Of course the difficult part is
> finding that function for given set which is another task. I just wanted
> point out that isosurface can be a tool in mentioned "conversion".

But you implied that knowing the functions would give you some way to
find the sum...or were you talking about writing a function by hand that
would give the same shape as the sum? Again, you haven't given a clear
description of what you mean by using an isosurface for "conversion".

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/