POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Need help with object pattern syntax... : Re: Need help with object pattern syntax... Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:31:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Need help with object pattern syntax...
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 4 Mar 2004 14:41:10
Message: <cjameshuff-391A20.14421204032004@news.povray.org>
In article <4046c611@news.povray.org>, "Carl Hoff" <hof### [at] wtnet> wrote:

> I've got this coded so I can animate the trail and I need to add the fixed
> lines of white that will be added as the bike moves along its path at
> regular intervals.  I thought something like this would work and cause
> where ever the trail passed through one of the fixes cylinders to be
> assigned the texture "bright_white" and use the complicated moving
> spherical texture map to be used outside the cylinders.  The example I
> was copying was a pigment object pattern.  Can the same effect be used
> on textures?  If so do I just have a syntax problem below.  The variable
> clock1 below will be replaced with clock in the final animation.  I've just
> renamed it so I could manually assign it for making quick test renders.

Please make some attempt to reduce your code to the part that shows the
actual problem. In doing so, you will often find the problem yourself,
and even if you don't, it makes things easier for the people reading
your message.

For example, your code could have been reduced to this:

object {plane {y, 0}
    texture {
        object {
            sphere {< 0, 0, 0>, 1}
            texture {pigment {rgb 1}}
        }
        spherical
        texture_map {
            [0 pigment {rgb 0}]
            [1 pigment {rgb 1}]
        }
    }
}

Which requires no other code to parse, is far shorter, and makes the
main problem quite obvious.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>
http://tag.povray.org/